Thursday 30 December 2010

Not Much Left of 2010

There is not much left of 2010 and in the media it´s - as always! - very popular to run long summarizes of the (almost) past year and to advance a lot of guessing about the year to come. Well, 2010 has been a good knitting year and I have great hope that 2011 also will turn out very good - yarnwise!!

If I try to summarize my knitting year, I find that I have learnt some new things, like tubular cast-on and bind offs, and knitting braids.

This is the 2010 aquisition for the Christmas-tree: a hanging stack of parcels. Isn´t it charming?


My "Every Way Wrap" is finished, it was a very quick knit, and a real success in this very cold and snow-rich winter. I found some buttons in my button-box and I use a Knit-Pro cable-needle as a shawl-pin.






I made almost no alterations to the pattern, except casting on and binding off in a tubular way. Mabye the yarn wasn´t ideal for this project, it could have been a bit softer and with better drape. When worn as a vest, it restricts the arm-movements quite a lot. But it warms the shoulders and the lower part of the back wonderfully. It´s three months left of the winter and I will get a lot of use out of this item before spring is here.

Now I´m going to finish the last project for this year. Of course I already have plans for what to cast on next.


























No comments:

Post a Comment