Thursday 29 December 2011

Me = Great Fashion Designer!

During my blogging I have been wavering between writing in English or in Swedish - writing in English IS much harder, but it´s a good excercise. Yesterday, I decided first of all to go on blogging and then to write in Swedish. Almost as soon as I had posted, I got a request to write in English... So I will.

During the autumn I have been my own fashion designer. My mother came to me with a picture from a magazine and said she wanted a sweater like the one in the picture. It was designed by Stella McCartney (I doubt she knitted it herself). After having studied the picture, mum and I decided it was a piece of cake to knit something similar and I started looking for the right yarn.

And I found Rowan "Big Wool", that turned out to be expensive, yes, but absolutely wonderful to knit with. After some swatching and measuring, I cast on.


And this is how it turned out.


It´s knitted in the round up to the armpits. Mum wanted a short ribbing round the hems -I would have omitted that if I had knit the sweater for myself. I divided the work after the armpits and knitted the front and back separately back and forth. After a little shaping for the neck I knitted the sholders shut and picked up stitches for the sleeves. I knitted the sleeves in the round, shaped them a little and ended them with a short ribbing. Then I knitted the neck-ribbing and the whole sweater was wet-blocked. Yes, it took ages to dry!


Mum was very pleased with her sweater and maybe I have a great future ahead of me as a great fashion designer. But most likely not!





No comments:

Post a Comment