Sunday 17 October 2010

Life According to the Ketchup-Principle

Life very often works according to the Ketchup-Principle: first comes nothing, then comes nothing and then everything comes at once! At work things started to heat up and I went from being comfortably busy to beeing too busy. At the same time my very quiet social life started to buzz - which is very nice, but tireing. And a lot of things suddenly needed to be attended to; things that couldn´t be postponed to a less busy day, week or month. And while the autum-days have been really wonderful with clear blue sky, sunshine, crisp air and sparkling colours, I haven´t had much time to enjoy them.


This is a morning-picture of the neighbours house. Yes, there actually IS a house behind all that golden sunshine: a big, modern house in brown-painted wood!


One of the things that suffers heavily when life is busy is, sadly, the knitting! A hard struggle between the things I want to do and the things I must do of course ends with me doing the things I must do, and when the "musts" were finished, I was to tired to take up the needles.

Imagine that: to tired to knit!!


The choise between my "real" work and the knitting, of course never was a choise and I dutifully stuffed my sock back in my bag. On my way home from work I was to tired to knit or to read anything and just sat there on the bus, doing nothing. A rare thing for me: doing nothing! But I spent a few minutes thinking that I actually am a lucky person, who has an interesting job AND interesting hobbies!


One thing that lately needed immediate attention and stole a lot of knitting time, actually was quite nice! Well, picking over and frying a lot ( and, yes, it was A LOT!) of funnel chanterell (trattkantarell) is extremely boring, but they were free ( and I didn´t have to pick them myself) and now the freezer is well stocked with this Gold of the Forest. And during the winter they will add a lot of glory to my cooking.


And with winter rapidly advancing, it will be a whole year until I need to bother with mushrooms again.


Knitting, luckily, is always in season, and since I´m behind with the christmas-sock-calender I can´t waste any more time blogging, but have to get those needles moving!






2 comments:

  1. What great picture of our home! Also I love the pink scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... however not as much as I loved your banana cake today, (and the two apple muffins).

    ReplyDelete