Friday 22 October 2010

And the Snow Came...

...and I had to hurry out with the camera to get som pictures of my christmas-sock-calender-socks in the snow. The first snow usually don´t keep very long.

Sometimes knitters talk about the "second-sock syndrome", where the first sock in the pair is knitted swiftly and quickly but the second one takes forever. The first sock is all challange, with a new pattern, a new yarn, interesting colour. When it´s finished there is no novelty left, but you still have to do the thing allover again, because socks are usually worn in pairs (a bit conventional, perhaps! After all, there are no laws that force us to wear two identical socks. At least not in Sweden). I myself, suffer from umpteen-sock syndrome! I have now knitted twelve ones, and have to knit twelve more. I´m bored, and on the bus home yesterday I actually read a pm on money-laundering, instead of knitting!








But I can´t allow myself to start another knitting-project before this one is finished, because then this dratted sock-idea never will get finished. Yesterday Mr Darling said: You will never get that done in time! and of course I must rise to challenges like that. My knitters pride is at stake here!

No comments:

Post a Comment