Friday 5 November 2010

Mother-and-Daughter-Activity

Is there a better way to spend a free Friday that visiting Syfestivalen at Älvsjömässan? A great hall full of everything you need to fulfill your creative dreams! Mother and I went together, and this is a great Mother-and-Daughter-Activity for a sewing mum and a knitting daughter.

I was totally amazed by what modern sewing-machines can do - my own machine (inherited from Mother) is a dinosaur in comparison!




I spent money on the lovely yarn from Huskroken, it was almost like buying candy! But I was a bit disappointed at the supply of yarn, I have expected to find much more tempting yarn of good quality.


I´m not very fond of sewing, but when I saw all the wonderful fabrics and the fantastic things people had made, I WAS tempted... However, I don´t have to sew myself - Mother does that for me! And we bought a skirt-pattern for a fabric I bought a long time ago and had great plans for, but has been laying sulking on a shelf for far to long. But now Mother will take the project in hand and I eagerly await my new skirt.


I´m not very fond of embroidery either, but when we looked at the wonderful things from Fingerfärda in Karlshamn, I couldn´t help myself and I bought the material to make a pincushion. Mother bought the material for the pillow on top and it will be interesting to see who finishes her project first... I bet it will be Mother!





On the way out we saw these fascinating felted creations. Unfortunately I forgot to note down the name of the artist.














No comments:

Post a Comment