Thursday 11 November 2010

The Socktoberfest is over!

Early Saturday morning the Christmas-sock calender was finished - the last number was embroidered on and the final hank sewn in place. Thus my own Socktoberfest was at an end. I´m quite pleased with myself for seeing this project through -it got boring after the third sock or so... A lot of tempting ideas kept plopping up in my head and had to be pushed aside. Finishing one project before casting on for the next seems very grown-up and mature! Boring even! So the rest of the weekend was spent casting on several new projects.











The socks are all my own "design" - a very simple standard-sock in some different variations. The white yarn is mostly Drops "Karisma" and the red, green and gray are unknown leftover wool that long ago lost their ball-bands. I used ca 500 gram of wool. The hanks are of a wowen band I bought at Panduro , that very charmingly says "God Jul" (Merry Christmas). The socks are mounted on a wire decorated with small fake leaves, like lingonris - the small evergreen leafs from the sprigs of lingon. I think this plant is also called mountain cranberry, red whortleberry or cowberry in English.


Yes, in the photo above the number 6 is turned the wrong way. This was, of course, noticed, and I tried to argue that it was artistic to turn some numbers around, so as not have to unpick it and redo it. But my critics turned down my argument and simply said that it looked like a stupid mistake. So I turned it the right way.





No comments:

Post a Comment