Friday 15 July 2011

Denmark Delight




One week of this summer-holiday was spent in Denmark, on the west-coast, where we rented this charming little house in Bjerghuse, wedged between the sea and Nissum Fjord.

Lovelly sunny days were spent on the beach, bathing, building sand-castles and exploring the concrete "boxes" that the Germans built during the Second WordWar.
"Our" house lies just behind this wall of sand, called "klitter" that protects the houses from the wind and sand. I believe thy are part natural and part man-made.



Of course we visited Legoland - my son (5) had waited impatiently the whole winter for this! And Legoland really lived up to his expectations and he declares that he wants to return every summer. When there is so much to see in the world!!




I made another little sweater during the trip, this time in size 12-18 m. The photo doesn´t really show how good the shade of pink usually called "Old Rose" and the brown matched each other. On the road it´s good to have an uncomplicated knitting and this pattern I can knit in my sleep. I still brought the wrong knitting-needle on a day-trip to Skagen, and had to spend the time in the car doing absolutely nothing, when not driving.


On a visit to Ringköbing I treated myself to a Hanne Falkenberg-kit. I have long wanted to try one of her designs and the wrap-skirt "Swing" seemed very exciting. But before I can try this new toy, I have to finish some of my on-going projects, since all my nr 2 circular needels are engaged. Or I could buy more needles...













No comments:

Post a Comment