Friday 15 July 2011

Long Time No Write

In many ways May and June are the most stressfull months of the year. The work load gets quite big with everything that needs to be finished before the holiday starts and people tend to become very sociable just before everyone is scattered out in the summer world. Of course this is very nice - and hectic, and when time is scarse, one of the first things to get struck of my list, is blogging. After all: knitting is more important, than blogging about knitting!


In the end of May I finished a very simple triangular scarf with a small lace edging. The yarn is Rowan Colourscape Chunky - actually TOO expensive, but I allowed myself one skein as a reward for good behavour. It turned out I would have liked a bit more yarn, I think this triangular scarf became a bit too small. I liked the yarn very much, nice to knit with.

The lace-border I found in "Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls" by Martha Waterman, it´s the "Smallest Points" at page 77.

My daughter got very fond of the result and if I want to use this scarf myself, i think I will have to hide it.

I got an order for two more baby-sweaters from a friend at work, and this is the first one of them: a multi-coloured version of Gotländsk fiskartröja. Actually, now I have knitted so many of these small baby-sweaters and once a big one for my brother, that I´m considering knitting one for myself. Mabye I need a multi-coloured one?

No comments:

Post a Comment