Wednesday 20 July 2011

Exciting Beginning

On holiday last summer I visited Bohusläns Museum and bought a kit containing "Stora Spetskragen" (Large Lace Collar). Since then the project has been maturing on a shelf - and in my mind! I´m going to knit the yoke as written, of course, and slowly a picture has been forming itself of how I want the rest of the sweater to look.

Some days ago I cast on. The first thing I did was omitting the ribbing round the neck, instead I started with a tubular cast-on and then dived straight into the yoke and the tempting pattern. And knitting this fantastic pattern is pure joy! Beeing used to handel two strands of yarn at the same time, it at first felt a bit akward with three. By making one colour the dominant one, antoher the "middle" one and the last the one always knit from the bottom, it´s quite easy to keep the strands in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment