Sunday 3 April 2011

Finally

If one has the yarn, the pattern and the needles, the project should have been started a long time ago. But no. After some hours work on a triangular shawl, Icarus (Ravelry-link), I remembered why I had been so hesitant to start knitting - is there enough yarn??? The yarn is from Färgkraft , a very nice and thin wool-yarn, with that lovely "snaggy" feeling that I love in wool. I think I have about 700 meters and according to the pattern I need about 800 meters. Hmmm... Well, mabye this is one of the moments in life when it´s time to be a little adventurous and just see how far the yarn will take me! I can buy more yarn if there´s not enough and not care if there will be a slight change in colour. Or I could end the shawl in a totally unexpected way when the yarn ends. Some people climb Mount Everest - I knit into the unknown!

No comments:

Post a Comment