Sunday 19 September 2010

Election Day

Today it´s Election Day in Sweden - time to elect a new government and members to Riksdagen. It´s a big day, a big thing to be able to take part in the democratic process. This time the election is very exciting and I will have to stay up tonight until there is a result. The waiting-time will of course be spent knitting!



These are wonderful chrysants standing just outside my door. Slowly the leaves on the trees are turning radiant red, orange and yellow and it´s like natures own fireworks to take farewell of the summer that has passed and to welcome the coming winter.



Election Day is celebrated with a new pair of socks, made out of some old cotton-yarn that has been laying for a long time in the stash. The yarn is "Tilda" and Tilda Multi" from Svarta Fåret. I´m quite pleased with the result and maybe I´m starting to change my views about knitting with cotton. I have been avoiding cotton for a long time because the projects seldom turned out well. But suddenly I feel a strong urge to use more cotton and new ideas keep popping up.


These socks were knitted mostly in transit: on the bus and on the underground to and from work. I like to have someting small in my bag to knit on and socks are rather ideal. I always carry a book as well, and sometimes it´s hard to make up my mind about wether to knit or read. The last few days litterature won and I have read the excellent "Igelkottens elegans" by Muriel Barbery. It was really hard to put it down and once I was so absorbed by the book that I missed my stop and had to take the underground back three stations...

Now I need to cast on for something new and decide on a new book to read. Luckily, I have plenty of yarn in the stash and a book-parcel arrived in the mail from Adlibris yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment