Monday 20 September 2010

Results During the Valvaka

It´s really amazing that the English language, that have plenty of words for everything, doesn´t seem to have a simple, smart word for the "sitting and waiting for the election results to come in" = valvaka! When you spend hours in front of the television, zapping between the channels to find the newest information and the best interviews, with phone in hand to make and recieve calls from near and dear to exchange comments. Armed with something nice to eat and good wine, and a computer, of course, to be connected to Valmyndighetens (the authority in charge for organizing the election) site, to check the developments in all the districts. I stayed up until 1 am, which is VERY late for me! If there is a nice english word for this, please let me know!


Was I pleased with the outcome of the election? Well...I´m very unhappy about SD getting into Riksdagen! But I´m very pleased with my own personal achievement during the evening, almost a whole mitten:







The yarn is the lovely Rowan Pure Wool 4 ply, in the likewise lovely colour "Framboise". My camera and computer don´t make this stimulating colour any justice. The patterns is Mr Jareds excellent "Druid Mitts" (Ravely link), they are also called "Green Autumn". I have knitted four pairs of this pattern before and it´s really a joy to knit. So when I had some yarn left over from "Sissinghurst", I felt that it was time for a pair of mittens!


And when I went for a walk this morning, I felt that mitten-season has arrived: it was rather cold! I have to dig out my winter-garments from the depth of the wardrobe.






The mitten got finished...






...and while I was listening to various interviews and press-releases (the parliamentary outcome of the election can turn out a tricky one!), I cast on for the second mitten.


I wonder if Fredrik Reinfeldt can knit? He made no mention of it during the campaign.








2 comments:

  1. If Fredrik did knit, I have a feeling that Sweden will have a better government :) Your mittens are amazing! I should start learning knitting mitten, like now!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Guiding from all the wounderful things you have done, I don´t think you will have a problem with mittens!

    ReplyDelete