Saturday 14 January 2012

Growing Bohus

My Bohus has been resting during the autumn and spent it`s time adorning Miss Lizzy, my trusting partner in wooly experiments. But during the holidays I put it back on the needles again and spent some time knitting a lot of knit stitches in black.

Actually, it has been growing faster than I had dared to hope and I soon got down to arm-pit level and had to put the work on a thread again to be able to try it on. Putting all of those stiches on a thread - and then back on the needles again - is boring work, but very necessary! The only way to see if the sweater is going to fit, is to try it on.



I´m not following the pattern any more, true to my habit I knit it in the round and not back an forth as the pattern suggests. Knitting in the round have three great advantages: I can try it on during the process, knitting only knit stitches gives a very even fabric and -best of all!- I don´t have to sew anything!


The Bohus is now back on Miss Lizzy and I´m knitting other things while I try to make up my mind whether the 18 stitches I have cast on under each arm are too many... I want this sweater to be quite close-fitting. Another point to consider is wheather sleeves should be full length or three-quarter. However that last decision can wait for a while, but the fate of the 36 stitches needs to be delt with soon, if I´m going to get anywhere with this sweater.















1 comment:

  1. Lyckliga Miss Lizzy - och dig och alla som får njuta av att se detta vackra arbete medan det vilar! Mycket bättre idé än att ha det liggande i någon korg eller så.

    ReplyDelete