Sunday 29 January 2012

Swatch of the Week

For a long time I have felt the urge to swatch more, to try a lot of interesting things and techniqualities. The book "Knitting Brioche" induced me to grab a ball of leftover yarn and a pair of needles and after a few hours I had this swatch: ...and had learnt five new things! The basic patent-stich (or brioche-stitch) I was already familiar with, but p. 25 in the book deals with how to knit the edges, if one is not using a selvedge stitch. It´s not very visible in these photos, but the edges came out very neat and nice.



On p. 46 I found instructions for spreading out increases over several rows and I increased first to the left and then to the right. The right-sided increases were a bit tricky and I´m not sure I got them absolutely right. At the same time I tried the two-stitch decreases spread over several rows, as described on p. 50 - 53.





The yarn I used was RYC Silk Wool Dk, 50% merino, 50% silk - a very nice yarn!



It´s the time of year for tulips, one of my absolute favorite flowers! Alverbäcks, the lokal tulip grower, has started to climate-compensate their tulips, and then it must be almost my duty to buy them!







No comments:

Post a Comment