Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year New Project

New Years Day is one of the best days of the year, a totally lazy day when there is nothing that needs to be done. Tomorrow is working-day - but that´s far away in the future. Today is a cold and gray day, just made for knitting and drinking tea.

Ever since I bought the book "Fitted Knits" I have been looking at the long coat with a chevron lace border. Today the temptation become to great and I started pondering about what yarn to use, found some white "Eskimo" in the stash and started on a swatch.


Soon it was finished. I knit it with needles size 9 and 10 mm; since I knit the purl-rows looser than the knit-rows, I knit the purl-rows with a size smaller needles to get a more even result. This time I got the right tension at the first try.


Now I have to decide the colour for my coat. And I thought: how about thinking different this time and not go for the same colours I always choose, like black, gray, white or pink? How about bright red? Or green?








No comments:

Post a Comment