Saturday 28 January 2012

Long Coat I

A few days ago I bought a lot if white "Eskimo" and cast on for the Long Coat from "Fitted Knits". I use needles 10 and 8 mm and knit the purl-rows with the 8 mm needle to ge a more even knitting. My swatch was perfectly even, but a project like this really shows the difference between a small swatch and a much bigger piece. The coat is knitted from the top down and I like the thought of minimal finishing-work when the knitting is done. Just weave in the loose ends and block!

I made a provisional cast-on, hence the blue yarn, so that I can use the live stiches for the lace-edge later.

Thick yarn and big needles makes this a very quick knit! It didn´t take long to get this far. The only drawback so far is that the yarn is fluffing a lot; when I put the knitting down I´m covered with white fluff. Wearing this coat will take some planning: I must make a mental note not to wear it over dark things!





Time to put it back on the needles and carry on!

















No comments:

Post a Comment