Friday 20 January 2012

Longing for Spring

Three skeins of green "Kalinka" from Karin Öberg suddenly made me long for spring and I got a vision of a nice scarf, a lacy scarf, to wear when the light and warmth has returned. Leafing through my lacier knitting-books, I found the "Peacock Tail and Leaf Scarf" in Nancy Bush´s "Knitted Lace of Estonia".

I cast on and knitted a few rows. I ripped them out, because something was not quite right. I re-knitted. And re-ripped. And admired my effort. And discovered that things were not very wrong, but not exactly right either. So I ripped. And reknit. Then I had a long thought about if someone else than me would really notice that the knitted edge still was not totally right. Then I decided that it wouldn´t matter if someone else noticed anything at all: I would know the edge was faulty and it would irritate me every time I used it. So I re-ripped. And re-knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment