Sunday 22 August 2010

Fast Food - No! Fast Hat - Yes!

For someone who hates to be photographed and watch herself on photo as much as I do, it was a bit bizarre to spend the morning with the camera in hand, photographing myself. And some of the photos turned out quite bizarre indeed! But a newly knitted hat is, of course, best displayed on a head, and the only head available at the moment was my own. And so, here it is: my version of the Unoriginal Hat!




I´m fond of the yarn "Spray" from Rowan, and I think it´s a pity it´s discontinued. I would have liked to use it again, it´s a nice "hat-yarn".

The hat was a very quick knit, it didn´t take more than a few hours! I knit it at the desk in front of the computer, because I don´t have a printer at home. The pattern was good - I didn´t feel the need to make any changes to it. Exept that not beeing on good terms with dubble-pointed needles, I used circulars.



Now it needs some blocking, and then it´s ready for winter.




I found some more "Spray" hidden in the dept of my yarn store, it´s half a ball of this pink and half a ball of blue. Neither of them is enough for a hat, but mabye a two-coloured hat could be something? I feel a deep urge to use up these last remains of this yarn. If someone complains about the colour-combination, I can always state that it´s supposed to be artistic!











No comments:

Post a Comment