Tuesday 24 August 2010

Hat-ting Along!

The second Unoriginal hat took about three hours to knit - this must be the knitting-equivalence of a 100 meter race! It turned out so much better than I had dared to hope for, and I got the highest praise a knitting mother can get when my daughter asked if she could have it.



And it seems that "hat-season" isn´t far away. Meteorologically it´s still summer, but actually the autumn is here! The leafs has lost the greenest of their green, some has started to turn to more autumnly colours and the air has suddenly a different scent. The scent of autumn. Most of my freinds are desperately clinging to the remains of summer, but I´m an autumn- and winter person. Now I long for the cold and darkness! It´s wool-weather!



So I swatched for a new hat, this time an idea of my own. Just a simple cable-pattern. I used some leftover Eskimo - leftover small balls of yarn are excellent to swatch with, don´t throw them away! With not so bulky yarn and thinner needles, this hat won´t be really that quick, it will probably take two evenings to finish.


This actually looks like a broken foot with a plaster on. But it is a half finished cotton-sock out of the yarn Tilda. Not really a great yarn, but it will do for a simple sock. After having knitted with the bulky yarn Spray and 7 mm needles, it felt very strange to turn to thin cotton-yarn and 2 mm needles. But I need excitement and variation in my life - and knitting is exciting and varying!

No comments:

Post a Comment