Sunday 8 August 2010

Green Socks and Roses

Sometimes I need to knit the same pattern more than once, just to get it out of my system. After the blue pair of Meida´s socks, I immediately cast on for a new pair, now in green. It´s the same lovely yarn, Huskrokens Eko. This is actually the third time I knit this pattern and I like it very much.
A nice thing when summer draws to an end and autumn awaits around the corner, is the sales in garden centers. The rose to the left was a bargain, only SEK 30. It´s a Floribunda; "Frau Astrid Späth". Welcome in my garden, Frau Späth! Someone (me) will plant you any day now.




Then I had three small balls of Eko Cotton left, 96 gram in three different colours. I felt a deep need to use up as much as possible of it, so I cast on for a pair of "left-over socks". A small lace cuff instead of a leg and then I just continued in a basic sock-foot. I´m very pleased with them, and they are also a personal record for me: they took only two days to knit.




With the beginning of autumn in the air, I now turn to wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment